Blog Information and Disclaimer

Some posts are written in exchange for monetary compensation

Monday, August 10, 2009

Spicy, Spicier, Spiciest....

By: Eliza Chute
Spicy food seems to be one of those things that you either love or you hate. Depending on how spicy it can make you hot, and sweaty and even induce labor in some cases…only if you are pregnant that is. Many cultures have spicy hot food, for example the Si Chuan province of China is known for such types of foods. In addition Indian foods always tended to be very spicy. I used to absolutely despise spicy food, absolutely!! But I think the reason for that was that I never got used to it, because I never ate it. In college I was determined to expand my horizons, and started eating spicy food. I had Indian food for the first time in college, and that was my first snippet of real spice. The spiciest food I have ever had was in Belize. I was staying at a bamboo farm run by a lovely young married couple. The culprit was a salad. I’m serious. The lettuce was so spicy for some reason and I couldn’t tell why, but I didn’t want to insult them by not eating, so I kept eating it and I was miserable and sweaty and they gave me water in this tiny little cup and I ran out of it so fast, and I kept tearing and there was nothing I could do about it, but now…I can chow down on the spiciest of foods..thanks to this situation.

For recipes and articles and to get your copy of the best selling book The Basic Art of Italian Cooking go t ohttp://www.marialiberati.com

No comments: