Blog Information and Disclaimer

Some posts are written in exchange for monetary compensation

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Sunny Day in Umbria..


Doctors at this time of the year are usually telling people that suffer from some sort of seasonal depression to use the sun and lights as a form of therapy and I am sure they know well. But if I had a depression because of the absence of sunlight, my prescription would be to go to Umbria, Italy..
The sun and mild January weather are perfect to cure most anyone out of a depression.
My cooking program in Umbria this weekend was filled with non-stop cooking and touring ,however, we also got to enjoy a day of walking and relaxed sightseeing of the Umbrian hills ,a nature reserve, splendid views of the medieval towns nearby and I can't forget the Umbrian sun..not far from Tuscany so I can understand why a whole book could be written about that part of Italy..
When the sun is shining there it does more than just provide light. The sun illuminates a painting that is the living scenery that you are part of while there..the rollling hills ,the olive trees, the verdant green, the trees lined up so perfectly.
Here is more on my trip to Umbria..recipes included
http://www.marialiberati.com/blog2

No comments: