Blog Information and Disclaimer

Some posts are written in exchange for monetary compensation

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Herb Garden or Not.....



Guest Editor: Eliza Chute

My mother’s garden is her new child. Since my sister and I both left for college and now our dog has passed, she devotes a lot of time to our back yard, which has become quite lush with various plants and small bushes. Every time I come home she’ll say, “did you notice the new plant I planted, isn’t it wonderful?”
“Yea, I did.” (No, I didn’t)
I have to say, that I am very surprised that she has accomplished such a feat, considering the fact that she killed almost every plant she brought home in a pot. I think it goes to show that if she can do it, anyone can. I’m not kidding, she killed a bonsai tree.
Besides the beauty and great ambiance of our back deck, there are a few more perks as well. She grows her own herbs. Instead of paying 3 dollars for some basil from the grocery store, that will only be useful for about 24 hours, she can just go into her garden and pick her own. Sounds pretty easy, right? All she did was buy the plants and transfer them to her garden. According to her, it’s important to have good potting soil. She also gives a helpful hint, which is to put the plants together that need the same amount of moisture, then you are less likely to drown them. It really does look like anyone could do it. I personally am tempted to try it myself, but I’m not sure I’m that ambitious.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: